The Leadership Summit is the leadership highlight of the year for me. The anticipation builds all year. So this morning I sat on the edge of my seat waiting for the opening video to end, anxiously ready for Bill Hybels to kick off the summit. Wise, authentic, engaging and contagious, within minutes, Bill challenged leaders to be courageous, “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6.
Often a leader is paralyzed with fear, giving into the fear and aborting a God given vision because of the lack of courage. If God has given you a vision, ask for the courage. His vision, His calling, His provision.
How courageous are you? What vision are you keeping silent, willing to abort a God given vision because of fear? Do not lose hope! Ask God for the courage to birth His vision.
Every significant vision that God births in you is going to put your courage to the test!
A few quotes by Bill Hybels:
- Everyone wins when a leader gets better!
- There is dignity in choice.
- You’re a leader! It’s your responsibility to keep passion alive!
- Has your vision become an inviable value?
- Staff cultures will only be as healthy as the senior leader wants it to be.
- Leaders once you define the current reality of your organization, you can step up and lead out of it.
- The more I use social media the more hungry I get for true community
- God changes lives!
For much more on courageous leadership, read Bill’s book, Courageous Leadership. It’s a must read for leaders.
That was just the opening session for day one…Collin Powell, Patrick Lencioni, Liz Wiseman, Chris Brown, Bob Goff and Mark Burnett encouraged leaders with more excellence through out the day.
My heart is full…and yet there is more…